Ledger adds support for POA, WanChain, VeChain, Ontology, Kowala, Icon, particl and Rootstock
As part of their new #FirstCryptoTuesday campaign, Ledger announced the release of 8 new third-party apps available on Ledger Live, their native desktop companion app,Tweet this
Ledger also revealed that moving forward, all new apps will be released on the first Tuesday of every month, part of their new #FirstTuesdayCrypto campaign.
This weeks releases include:
- POA (POA) – An Ethereum-based platform that offers an open-source framework for smart contracts
- WanChain (WAN) – The world’s first and only interoperable blockahin with secure multi-party computing
- VeChain (VET) – A leading global enterprise level public blockchain platform
- Ontology (ONT) – A new high-performance public blockchain project & a distributed trust collaboration platform.
- Kowala (kUSD)(mUSD) – A dual-token system that consists of mining tokens and stable-value payment tokens
- Icon (ICX) – An independent chain that connects multiple community sidechains, enabling cross-platform data and value communication
- particl (PART) – An open-source and decentralized privacy platform built on the blockchain specifically designed to work with any cryptocurrency
- RootStock (RSK) – A smart-contract peer-to-peer platform built on top of the Bitcoin blockchain.
Ledger commented further on #FirstCryptoTuesday and stated:
This will help make expectations clearer for both users and developers, as they will know when to expect new releases to launch. This will also make it easier for Ledger to streamline third-party apps validation, and make sure Ledger devices can support more applications quicker, while keeping the highest standard of security and asset protection.
Ledger has shared a roadmap of upcoming releases which can be seen here, and also
published a comprehensive guide for third-party app developers that wish to have their apps integrated into Ledger Live.
Visit Ledger Live to download the app for Windows, Mac, and Linux today.
Stop back soon for more Ledger news, or subscribe to MCN and never miss a story.