LA Dodgers will host first crypto giveaway for digital collectibles on September 21
The Los Angeles Dodgers are entering the crypto space with what they are calling the first-ever crypto giveaway in both MLB and sports history.Tweet this
On September 21, the LA Dodgers are set to host their first ever “Digital Bobblehead Night” where fans will be given a digital collectible bobblehead of either Clayton Kershaw, Justin Turner or Kenley Jansen.
The first 40,000 fans through the gates at the Dodgers v Padres game will receive a card with a unique code and directions to a website where the tokens for the digital bobblehead can be unlocked and added to their Ethereum wallet.
“What the heck is an Ethereum wallet?”
An Ethereum wallet is a virtual wallet where crypto tokens and digital assets built on the Ethereum blockchain can be stored, just like you store concert and game tickets in your Apple Wallet. Among other things, the Ethereum network is used to verify authenticity and prevent unauthorized duplication of the digital collectibles.
Dodger Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Lon Rosen commented on the giveaway:
“We’re excited for our first-ever crypto giveaway, and to explore an entirely new marketplace with our fanbase…We hope this piques the interest of Dodger fans and will help launch a new age of digital collectibles and promotions.”
Img via MLB Crypto Baseball
It’s the first crypto giveaway in Major League Baseball and believed to be the first such promotion in sports.
The Dodgers plan to create more crypto tokens for future giveaways and to celebrate events and special achievements, but they want to make sure you know the physical bobbleheads aren’t going anywhere just yet. They will be giving out Manny Machado bobbleheads on Sept. 22, Orel Hershiser bobbleheads on Sept. 23, and plan to have a full slate of physical bobblehead giveaways in 2019 as well.
After fans download their new digital bobblehead, they’ll be able to buy, sell, gift and trade their crypto tokens on MLBCryptoBaseball.com/Dodgers.
How do I download my digital bobblehead?
*Note that you’ll need a smartphone or a computer with internet access
- Download the MLB Crypto Baseball app through the App Store / Google Play.
- Use the app to scan the QR code, or enter the first 10 digits of the card ID.
- Once the QR code is scanned or the code is entered, the MLB Crypto Bobblehead Figure on that card will be visible in the app or on the mobile website.
- To claim ownership of the MLB Crypto Bobblehead Figure, you will need to create an ETH Wallet via the MLB Crypto Baseball website or app. To do so, you will need to scratch off the panel, enter the Private Key claim code, and follow the instructions on the website or app. You can also leave your MLB Crypto Bobblehead on the card, as it is a secure ETH wallet until the panel is scratched.
- After following the website instructions, your Official MLB Crypto Bobblehead Figure will be transferred to your newly created personal ETH Wallet.
Stop back soon for more crypto giveaway news, or subscribe to MCN and never miss a story.